Hajj and Umrah are the holiest pilgrimages in Islam. It is recommended for all Muslim peopleto perform this ritualistic pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime. It is considered to be the greatest blessing to get the opportunity of making this holy journey. One must submit themselves to the grace and mercy of Allah and find peace in His benediction. It is important for pilgrims to find the best Hajj and Umrah packages that would fulfill this devotional trip. While devotion and self surrender is important, one’s body still holds an epitomic position. It is important to take care of your health while you step into this divine journey.
Here we shall discuss the several ways how you can take care of your body and soul at the same time while performing Hajj and Umrah.
Tips to have healthy journey to Mecca and Medina
- Take care of your health and carry first aids and emergency medications. It is important to be equipped when you make any journey away from home. Allah shall take care of the rest.
- It is advised to people with communicable diseases to avoid performing hajj and Umrah until they recover fully. This is to avoid the chances of transmission as masses of people from all around the world gather to perform their duties.
- Ensure that even your low cost Hajj and Umrah packages include proper health advisory and emergency aids. Get full details from your trip advisors and let them know your personal health conditions if any.
- Cases of dehydration are common during Hajj and Umrah due to the hot and humid weather of Saudi Arabian states. The rituals of Tawaaf and Sa’ee demand long hours of walk without stops. pilgrims are advised to carry plenty of water and have proper arrangements to avoid any mishaps.
- It is advised to maintain distance and make least contact with other pilgrims. It is important that each pilgrim takes the responsibility of their own well being. Bacterial and viral transmissions can be avoided in this manner.
- While on the journey, all pilgrims are advised to maintain healthy diets. Get an assured picture of the food programs included in your Hajj and Umrah Packages. It is important to avoid foods that might cause stomach discomforts or other problems. Eat acceding to your dietary requirements.
Contact your travel agencies for further information regarding health advisories and arrangements. Even if you sign up for low price Hajj and Umrah packages, it is important to acquire the basic medical support from your service providers.
Health advices for individuals
The health ministry of Saudi Arabia has certain advices regarding the health and well being of all pilgrims. Individuals who come in the following categories are advised to postpone or cancel their Hajj and Umrah plans for the safety of their own health and lives:
- It is best for pregnant women to postpone their pilgrimage plans until they deliver their babies.
- Individuals with chronic health problems like heart diseases, kidney diseases, cancer and other conditions must avoid making these trips to assure their own safety.
Hajj and Umrah trips bring peace and serenity to both your soul and body. However, if you don’t feel 100% fit from your bodily perspectives, it will always become a trouble for your fellow pilgrims and would also hamper your own peace while you devote yourself in the mercy of Allah. hence, take care of yourself while on this divine journey.