Do You Know These Rules Of Umrah For Women?
October 31, 2022
Umrah is one of the most significant pilgrimages conducted by Muslims each year and this also enables them to attain the blessings of the Creator and also be able to refresh the infinite faith in Islam that also seems to be mandatory. There are some of the definite rules and regulations that are linked with this religious journey which needs to be abided by every woman who does have the urge to perform the best Umrah Tour of their life.
Why does Umrah Tour seem significant for everyone?
It is believed that Allah (SWT) rewards pilgrims with wealth as payment for the money they spent on the strenuous Umrah pilgrimage. Perform the Hajj and Umrah back-to-back because, according to Ibn Abbas, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) stated, “Perform Hajj and Umrah consecutively; for they remove poverty and sin as bellows removes impurity from iron.” [Hadith No. 2631, Book of the Rites of Hajj, Sunan An-Nasa'i, Vol. 3]
What are the rules of Umrah for women?
Are you planning to perform Umrah for the first time? Then we have the best Umrah package only for you! But are you aware of the Umrah rules for women? If not, then please don’t worry as here we do bring to you the complete rules of Umrah for women, to make your journey successful and also help you to bring you closer to Allah (SWT):
- Women are required to wear Ihram, perform Niyyah and Talbiyah before entering the Al-Masjid Al-Haram. [Talbiyah is a prayer in praise of Allah (SWT) whereas Niyyah is the purpose to serve Him].
- A woman must perform two Rakats of Salah al-Haram with her head covered, wear an abaya, clean her body, trim her nails, pronounce the approaches to Miqat and continue reciting Talbiyah during the entire procedure in order to become a pilgrim (Muhrim).
- Following Talbiyah is the Tawaf ceremony, in which women round the Kaaba. All the women pilgrims need to recite Talbiyah in low voice.
- Every woman must offer two shorts of rak'aas and drink water from the Well of Zamzam in the Grand Mosque's basement during Salat.
- Women who have sipped the water from Zamzam then proceed to Multazam to make du'aa to Allah (SWT).
- After performing Sa'ee, the women exit the Al Masjid Al-Haram and walk seven circuits at a moderate speed between Safa and Marwah. Unlike men, women do not need to cut any portion of their hair.
- On climbing Safa Hill, women have to kneel before the Holy Kaaba and offer prayers to Allah (SWT).
- Women travel towards the hill of Marwah after leaving Safa and perform Dua in honour of Allah (SWT) while facing the Holy Kaaba.
DO’s of women during the Umrah Tour
There are several rules that every woman must observe and they are as follows:
- Before making Umrah, they need to cut a small portion of their hair and nails.
- They can put stitched clothes or regular clothes.
- Before setting off on the journey, they must shave their body hair.
- Prior to the beginning of the Umrah prayer, they must take a cleansing bath.
- If the first set of clothes gets filthy, they should have other clothes on hand.
- Women must maintain their chastity when travelling alone and perform Ibadat in the female-only section.
- The women needs to be fully covered and the ones who are in the process of ovulation or menstruation must not head for this religious journey.
- Women aged under the age of 25 must be accompanied by a male pilgrim. On the other hand those who are above the age of 25 do have the liability to travel alone.
- Women need to take the permission of their respective husband to wear Ihram, as nothing should violate the conjugal rights of the husband in any way.
- Every woman needs to be pure and clean during the course of the journey as it helps them to conduct the journey with more ease and also refresh their faith in Islam.
DON’T’s of women during the Umrah Tour
- Not apply any kind of perfume or deodorant and even makeup
- Not perform Umrah during the time of ovulation or menstruation
- Not use any kind of vulgar or abusive language
- Not hurt anyone during the Umrah pilgrimage
- Not wear silk garments
- Not use any kind of silver of gold ornaments
If you do feel like establishing the closeness towards Allah (SWT) then this is the right time. Just reach out to us to be able to get the best Umrah package from the best Umrah travel agents in Kolkata. So why wait? Grab the best Umrah deals before it’s too late!
Also, make sure to visit our blog space to read more interesting blogs!